Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Long Journey Home

   Soooo, it's 11am on a Wednesday Morning (July 31st), and I just woke up in my bed for the second time this month.... I am back home! :)

   Okay, so My last day with my host family was July 28th. After we parted ways with our host families in the airport ((which was pretty sad)), the Toyama YFU kids boarded the flight from Toyama to Tokyo. The flight was only an hour long, so once we arrived at Narita Airport, we waited for the other 20 YFU students to arrive as well ((there were really 71 YFu students, but only 20 were staying the night in Tokyo)). I believe all of us arrived at around 4pm that day, so we headed to the hotel in Tokyo to stay the night. In the morning, we all met up with the other 50 YFU students again at the airport to board our plane back to America.
   No one on our flight from japan was too thrilled to see 70 teenagers on the same flight....haha, I cannot imagine why. :) We were all good for the most part, but it was an incredibly long flight to San Francisco... We finally arrived in SF at 10:30am on July 29th....the same Day we left Japan. . .Gotta love time travel~
   My next flight to Dallas left at 11:45am, I barely had any time to rush through customs and re-check my bag. SO this was the stop that I left most of my friends, because only 10 of us were on the first flight to Dallas. I cannot fully express how heart-breaking this goodbye with everyone was. We all spent the summer together and became extremely close. We were there for support through good times and bad. Saying goodbye to 70 friends at once, The feeling is difficult to explain. Let me just say, many tears were cried.... But most of all, this was the moment I said goodbye to my best friend, Josh. Josh lived down the street from me in Toyama, he attended my school, and our parents were best friends. I experienced everything with Josh, and he was my support through everything I went through in Japan. Josh is funny, smart, and has an incredible personality overall, Glad I could find a best friend in him over our 6 weeks abroad this summer! Most of my tears were shed saying goodbye to him. I promised to visit when I go up to Pittsburgh for college visits, as long as he promises to come down to Atlanta!
   Okay, so as I boarded my flight to Dallas, I left blowing kisses to all of my friends, making promises of nationwide hang-outs in the future weeks and months. It was a lovely farewell!! Granted, when I actually got on the flight, I started crying again.... I feel bad for the lady who sat next to me on the plane. I was silently crying, but she did NOT know how to deal with me while that happened, oops...
   My flight to Atlanta left the airport soon after I arrived at the Dallas airport, so I had a similar but less emotional goodbye with my remaining 10 friends at that airport. And then my final flight took off for Atlanta. I arrived 8:45 pm on a Monday night, July 29th. My Journey across the globe began on  June 14th and it ended July 29th. . . It does not feel like everything is over yet ((probably because I am behind on my blog, oops sorry. . .))

   Sooooo, Today is July 31st. Since being home, I've slept for 17 hours straight, I woke up at 6-m last night, and I went to bed again at 4am this morning. Jet-lag is its own special gift from my trip in its own way, haha(:
I am back home now, but STILL so much to update on my blog about my experience, and now I have to finish summer reading and projects for school...12 more days until school starts again, I'm going to be really busy, but this is what I was looking forward to for this summer so I am happy!

じゃあね、
またいつか♥

~Jane Claire   ⊙︿⊙ zzz

1 comment: