Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Japanese Phone Calls

   So, something really amazing happened last night. My friend called our house-line just to touch base on some plans to do Karaoke within the next few days. We talked on the phone for just around 30 minutes, and we talked about our karaoke plans, the new Studio Ghibli movie that came out, the end of school, and our departure information at the airport for next week. . .
   That's when it hit me. I'm in Japan, and I'm getting by speaking only Japanese everyday. I had a 30 minute Japanese conversation on the phone with a friend. I am successfully getting by in Japan with my language knowledge. woah. (: We went over a phone-call unit in Japanese class at home, where we learned how to answer the phone, ask if someone was home, and respond with "this is the wrong number." I was really thankful for the knowledge I received from that lesson, but even that did not prepare me for what just happened. And the bucket-list just got shorter!


~Jane Claire   (っ・ω・)っ

2 comments:

  1. Cool. Still dreaming in Japanese, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep. I'm starting to dream that my other friends are speaking in japanese, too. I didn't know that Zoe knew Japanese. . .

    ReplyDelete