Friday, June 21, 2013

JPDO at Berkeley~

    Soo, a few days ago, we had our Japan Pre-Departure Orientation (JPDO) at Berkeley in San Francisco!

    There were about 71 students at this orientation. We were all staying with roommates in dorms at berkeley!! It was such an interesting experience...


My Roommate Brittney!!(:
      Anyway, at orientation, the YFU staff group all 71 of us into several くみ (groups). I was able to get to know  everyone in みどりくみ! Everyone I have met through this program has been so kind(:
Okay, so Orientation at Berkeley was not all just fun and games. This orientation was specifically for students who also won a scholarship to Japan that required previous language knowledge. So ((looking back at my orientation schedule I posted before)) we went through really busy 14 hour days of Japan preparation. We had a few "survival Japanese" classes everyday, and we had many cultural exercises that would prepare us for culture shock we might experience upon entering Japan.

    YFU also had a group of Alumni at our orientation what was able to handle any of our questions, comments, or concerns about Japan. This is Evan! He went to Akita Prefecture through YFU a few years ago, and he helped me with everything!(:

    At orientation, I was able to meet a lot of splendid people who have the same interests and dreams as I do. It was really an amazing start to my Japan Summer Adventure!! (:

~Jane Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment